Our Kitty Lodging Service
The Kitty Lodging Experience at Miss Emily’s
Whether you are planning a vacation or business trip, having remodeling done, pest control service, or hosting house guests who are allergic to cats, you will need to make arrangements for your feline family member's care.
Bored cats can get into trouble trying to entertain themselves, and no home is 100% safe for cats. When your cats stay with us, you won't have to worry about your cat getting into "trouble" at home.
CUDDLY, COZY CAT CONDOS, DAILY EXECRISE AND CLASSICAL MUSIC
At Miss Emily’s, cats do very well in our three-story cat condos. Your furry loved one will receive love and care from our team of cat lovers, while feeling comfortable and secure with their own scent surrounding them and maybe one of their favorite small toys from home in their condo with them. We offer daily play and exercise time exercise time, where they will enjoy window views and kitty towers and scratching posts in our kitty playroom. For safety purposes, we only allow one cat out to play at a time. We also play soothing classical music throughout their visit, both day and night.
Safe Environment with a Well Trained Staff
You won't have to worry about what might happen to your cat in case of an emergency at your home between the pet sitter's visits.
At Miss Emily’s, your cat will be closely supervised by a knowledgeable and attentive cat-loving staff.
Our team is trained to recognize the warning signs of potential health problems and will contact your veterinarian or one of our emergency veterinarians if necessary and be with your loved one every step of the way. With close monitoring throughout your cat's stay, possible health problems are often more easily detected while being boarded than at home.
- Active Teachers, Military, Law Enforcement, Fire and Rescue personnel are eligible for a
10% discount regardless of the length of stay (Boarding services only).
- Dogs staying a week or more will receive either a complimentary bath or $10.00 off a mini
or full groom, at the owners choice.
YOUR LODGING CHECKLIST AND FAQs
So you can relax while you are away, knowing that your furry family member will be safe, here are some things to ask when considering a boarding facility ...
- Is it an IBPSA boarding facility? Yes, Miss Emily’s is an International Boarding & Pet Services Association (IBPSA) member facility.
- What are their requirements and policies for boarding (immunizations, age, health, etc.)? Rabies, FVRCP (Feline Distemper), and Leukemia.
- How far in advance do you need to make reservations? We suggest a minimum of a week or at least a month if lodging over a major holiday.
- Register you cats(s) on line by visiting our PET PORTAL. This will allow Miss Emily’s to learn more about your loved ones prior to their stay.
- Do you have a veterinarian on call or nearby who they use routinely? Yes, we have several local veterinarians we use in the nearby area or we can use your veterinarian.
- Can you administer medication, if needed, and what is the fee? Yes, we administer most medicines for cats. Please contact us to confirm we can assist your cat’s medication requirements. We do not charge extra for medicine administration.
- What kind of food do you feed and can I bring my your own? We encourage you to bring food from home. This helps ease the transition. Additionally, should you run out of food we have quality house food and tuna fish that can be provided for a small fee.
- What kinds of toys are allowed? How many and what size? As long as the toys can fit comfortably in their cat condo we will happily keep available for your cat(s). Please be sure to mark your cat's toys with your name.
- Please be sure your cat is current on their flea medicine.
- Please feel free to stop by for a tour. At Emily’s, our customers come once due to a need, but stay customers for life, so come meet your cats home away from home family.
- All pets must have proof of required vaccines for boarding and daycare.
- Dogs: Rabies, DHLPP (Distemper-Parvo), Bordetella (Kennel cough)
- Cats: Rabies, FVRCP (Feline Distemper), and Leukemia.
- Vaccines must be administered a minimum of 14 days prior to boarding.
- Cats must be tested for feline leukemia.
- All dogs and cats are required to be covered by a flea and tick program.
- Certain breed and weight restrictions may apply. For questions, please contact our facility directly during regular business hours. We retain the right to refuse admittance at our discretion.
- To be a boarding client, your pet must be at least 5 months of age.
- All pets must be spayed and neutered by the age of 8 months to be a guest at MEBB
- Guests are charged a full day rate the day of check in regardless of check-in time.
- Check out time is 12:00 PM/Noon Monday thru Sunday (A full day of daycare will be charged for pick up after 12:00 noon the day of scheduled check out)
- Guests lodging or checking out (assuming we are open) over New Year’s eve/day, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas eve/day are charged an additional $20.00 per pet on their final bill to cover care, daily feeding and play-time for the half-day.
- A cancellation Fee of $27 will be charged to your credit card on all reservations not cancelled 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Owner provides food. In the event food is not brought or pet runs out of food we will provide food with owner’s confirmation for $2.50 per meal.
- We encourage you to bring familiar toys or treats from home.
- We provide comfortable bedding, bowls, litter and litter pans for our guests.
- We feed our guests once in the AM and once in the PM unless otherwise instructed by the owner.